Congressional Veterans Commendation
The Congressional Veteran Commendation is a nominations-based program designed to recognize the wartime sacrifices and peacetime community involvement of residents of the 25th Congressional District of Texas. Honorees are exceptional Americans in every way.
The 2017 CVC honorees will be announced and recognized by Congressman Roger Williams at a special ceremony.
- Veteran must currently reside in the 25th Congressional District of Texas. To verify, please visit www.house.gov and enter the veteran’s ZIP code in the box entitled “Find Your Representative.”
- Veteran was active duty in the United States Armed Forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Veteran retired from the United States Armed Forces or was honorably discharge
Please send the following items, in one cohesive package, to 1005 Congress Avenue, Suite 925, Austin, Texas, 78701 by Monday, July 31, 2017:
- This Nomination Form, completed in its entirety.
- A 1-2 page letter, addressed to Congressman Roger Williams, which details why you believe the nominee should receive the 25th District’s Congressional Veteran Commendation. The letter should contain as much information as possible about the veteran’s service while in the military and community involvement thereafter.
- A current photo of the veteran.
- Copies of photos, military records, news clippings and other two-dimensional memorabilia which help you to tell the story of the veteran’s military and community service. These items are considered supplemental and are not required; should you choose to submit them, do not submit originals. Please limit your nomination packet to three 8.5x11” pages of supplemental materials.
To obtain additional information regarding the CVC contact our office at (512) 473-8910 or email us.