Come and Read It Report
Last week, I had the opportunity to meet with Lakeway's new Mayor, Sandy Cox, Lakeway City Manager Steve Jones, and Bee Cave's new Mayor, Monty Parker. It was great to catch up and listen to their ideas that I can take back with me to Washington that will benefit Texans in our great district.
Lakeway Mayor Sandy Cox, and City Manager Steve Jones
Bee Cave Mayor Monty Parker
Tax Reform Update
As we move into July, it's important to look back on all the progress the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has made in the economy recently. Businesses added approximately 213,000 jobs in June - that's 213,000 more possibilities for Americans who want to get back into the workforce and provide for their families. According to the jobs report, the economy has added more jobs every month - we're currently experiencing the longest streak on record. Click here for more information.
This week: we have a very busy week ahead on the Financial Services Committee. We are starting out with a Committee markup on Wednesday, July 11 at 9:00am CT, where we will consider and vote on the following measures:
- H.R. 1611, the "Gender Diversity in Corporate Leadership Act of 2017"
- H.R. 3555, the "Exchange Regulatory Improvement Act"
- H.R. 6021, the "Small Business Audit Correction Act of 2018"
- H.R. 6177, the "Developing and Empowering our Aspiring Leaders Act"
- The "Expanding Investment in Small Business Act"
- The "Enhancing Multi-Class Stock Disclosures Act"
- The "Middle-Market IPO Underwriting Fee Act"
- The "Promoting Transparent Standards for Corporate Insiders Act"
- The "Investment Adviser Regulatory Flexibility Improvement Act"
- The "National Senior Investor Initiative Act of 2018"
On Thursday, June 12 at 9:00am CT, we will have a full committee hearing where US Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will testify on the state of the international financial system. Later that day, at 1:00pm CT, the Subcommitee on Terrorism and Illicit Finance will hold a hearing on countering the financial networks of weapons proliferation. You can watch it live here.
I have included some articles and releases you may find interesting located on the right side of this newsletter. It is an honor and privilege to represent the people of Texas’ 25th Congressional District and as always, please reach out to me with any issues and concerns that are important to you.
In God we trust,
Member of Congress