Rep. Williams Receives “A” Rating from the Susan B. Anthony List
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Roger Williams (R-TX-25) received an “A” rating from the Susan B. Anthony List’s first-ever national scorecard, which reflects pro-life votes and actions taken in the 116th Congress.
“I am unapologetically pro-life and I believe that every child is a precious gift from God. During my time in Congress, I've worked to protect the most vulnerable among us, voting at every opportunity to defund Planned Parenthood and prevent federal funds from being used in the barbaric act of abortion,” said Rep. Williams. “It’s an honor to receive an “A” rating from SBA List’s first-ever pro-life scorecard, and I’m proud to stand strong alongside many other pro-life champions as we continue the uphill battle for life under the abortion-obsessed Democrat House majority.”
“When it comes to standing up for the unborn and their mothers, we can always rely on Congressman Williams’ vote. We are proud to award him with an “A” on our National Pro-Life Scorecard,” said Jamie Dangers, Legislative Director of the Susan B. Anthony List.
To view the scorecard, please click here.
In the 116th Congress, Rep. Williams has supported the following legislation and letters:
1. H.R. 616 - Life at Conception Act (Original Cosponsor)
2. H.R. 888 - Women's Public Health and Safety Act
3. H.R. 611 - Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act
4. H.R 4399 - Support and Value Expectant (SAVE) Moms & Babies Act (Original Cosponsor)
5. H.R. 4903 - Down Syndrome Discrimination by Abortion Prohibition Act (Original Cosponsor)
6. H.R. 20 - No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act (Original Cosponsor)
7. H.R. 219 - No Abortion Bonds Act
8. H.R. 296 - Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act (Original Cosponsor)
9. H.R. 369 - Defund Planned Parenthood Act (Original Cosponsor)
10. H.R. 490 - Heartbeat Protection Act (Original Cosponsor)
11. H.R. 784 - Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (Original Cosponsor)
12. H.R. 833 - Protecting Life and Taxpayers Act (Original Cosponsor)
13. H.R. 962 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
14. H.R. 2010 - Second Chance at Life Act
15. H.Res. 50 - Memorializing the unborn by lowering the United States flag to half-staff on the 22nd day of January each year
1. Letter to Mr. President regarding pro-life commitment
2. Letter to Chairman Quigley and Ranking Member Graves asking to retain all long-standing pro-life limitation amendments as bill text and include two additional riders in the FSGG appropriations bill
3. Letter to Secretary Azar regarding the compliance with statutory program integrity requirements
4. Letter to House Leadership regarding pro-life principles in healthcare
5. Letter to Commissioner Sharpless regarding illegal mail-order abortion drugs
6. Letter to OPM ending abortion subsidies in FEHB
7. Letter to HHS to finalize the proposed rule that addresses the abortion surcharge issue
8. Letter to Secretary Azar regarding HHS abortion surcharge
9. Letter to HHS regarding faith-based adoption providers
10. Amicus Brief supporting the requirement that abortion providers must have admitting privileges within at least 30 miles
Congressman Roger Williams represents the 25th Congressional District of Texas and serves as a member of the House Committee on Financial Services.