Come and Read It Report
Border security must be the top priority during the final months of the 115th Congress. The pervasiveness of illegal border crossings is one of the greatest threats to the safety and security of Texans. For that reason, I will continue to work with President Trump and my House colleagues to secure the border and enforce the rule of law.
Democrat’s persistent calls for special pathways to citizenship and support for policies like the visa lottery program and chain migration only stand to threaten law abiding Americans. I support our federal and state law enforcement officers, and I am committed to providing them with the resources and policies they need to combat the proliferation of illegal immigration.
Supporting our Military and Veterans
Last week, I voted in favor of the Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 5895, the Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act. This legislation will:
✔ Improve military operations and enhance safety
✔ Rebuild infrastructure for service members and their families
✔ Allocate the largest dollar amount in history for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
✔ Advance veteran-centric health care
Click here for my statement.
Honoring our First Responders
I had the opportunity to recognize the Lake Travis Fire Rescue and the Bee Cave Police Department on the House floor for completing the 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb in honor of the first responders who gave their lives on September 11, 2001. Click here or below to watch.
Tarleton State Rodeo Team
In June, the Tarleton State Rodeo Team went to the College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR), where the men's team placed second overall. This is an exciting time for them and I am proud of all their hard work. It takes a true cowboy or cowgirl to compete at the CNFR-level, and there is no state or school better equipped to train champions than Tarleton State University in the Lone Star State. I was honored to congratulate them on the House floor last week. Click here or below to watch.
Last week: due to Hurricane Florence, our legislative week was cut short. Fortunately, the House still voted on six important pieces of legislation. Additionally, the Financial Services Committee advanced 12 pieces of legislation to the House floor:
- H.R. 6751, the "Banking Transparency for Sanctioned Persons Act of 2018"
- H.R. 6737, the "Protect Affordable Mortgages for Veterans Act of 2018"
- H.R. 6729, the "Empowering Financial Institutions to Fight Human Trafficking Act of 2018"
- H.R. 4753, the "Federal Reserve Supervision Testimony Clarification Act"
- H.R. 6745, the "ACCESS Rural America Act"
- H.R. 5534, the "GUIDE Compliance Act"
- H.R. 6158, the "Brokered Deposit Affiliate-Subsidiary Moderation Act of 2018"
- H.R. 6743, the "Consumer Information Notification Requirement Act"
- H.R. 2128, the "Due Process Restoration Act of 2017"
- H.R. 4758, the “FOMC Policy Responsibility Act”
- H.R. 6741, the “Federal Reserve Reform Act of 2018”
- H.R. 6021, the “Small Business Audit Correction Act of 2018”
It is an honor and privilege to represent the people of Texas’ 25th Congressional District and as always, please reach out to me with any issues and concerns that are important to you.
In God we trust,
Member of Congress